Enforcement of Court Orders

Enforcement of Court Orders

There may be times when a party fails to abide by a Court Order or an agreement. When this happens it may be necessary to take actions to enforce the order or agreement and your rights under the order or agreement.  While there are a variety of tools to use, the most common are:

Contempt of Court

For a person to be found in contempt of court there must be a valid court order, the individual must have known of the court order, there must be a violation of the court order, the violation may need to have been a willful violation, and the individual must have an ability to comply with the court order (past and/or present).

If a person is found to be in contempt of court, remedies may involve some of the following: fines, repayment of monies owed, attorney fees, and jail. Depending on the situation, jail may be imposed for a specific term or until the individual complies with the court order.

Contempt of court can be very tricky. If you do not meet your burden of proof, or if you fail to prove all the elements required, or if you fail to properly specify your remedies you may lose the contempt. Alternatively, you may win the contempt, but obtain no attorney fees and no real resolution to your problem.

To determine if your case is appropriate for contempt proceedings, call us today at (303) 996-0055.


Does someone owe you money? Are you trying to collect for unpaid child support, unpaid medical bills, or other unpaid or unreimbursed expenses? If yes, you might consider having the monies owed to you reduced to a judgment. In simple terms, a judgement is a legal document that says that someone owes you money.  Once you obtain a judgment, you may then utilize several strategies to collect the monies owed to you which may include garnishment of wages, garnishment of bank accounts, and receipt of money from the sale of real property. Obtaining a judgment may allow you to collect monies that you might not have otherwise been able to collect.

Call us today to determine if a judgment is right for you.


Highly Rated by Clients and Peers

If you are looking for a Firm that is committed to justice, the protection your rights, and provides legal services specific to your needs, then call or write us today.

The Law Office of Cheryl A. Miller, P.C. | 6060 Greenwood Plaza Blvd., Suite 200 | Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Phone: (303) 996-0055 | Email: cheryl@cherylmillerlaw.com

Located in Colorado, The Law Office of Cheryl A. Miller, P.C. represents clients throughout the Denver, Colorado metropolitan area including, but not limited to Aurora, Brighton, Castle Rock, Centennial, Denver, Elizabeth, Greenwood Village, Highlands Ranch, Lakewood, Littleton, Lone Tree, Longmont, and Parker.



The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by The Law Office of Cheryl A. Miller, P.C. and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.

© 2021 The Law Office of Cheryl A. Miller P.C.

Powered by outsource IT

Font Resize